Forensic, Valuation & Litigation Support Services
Forensics, valuation, and litigation support (FVLS) services help individuals, businesses, and other entities understand the value of an asset and optimize its value in a sale, distribution or settlement.
MiddletonRaines+Zapata’s FVLS team understands the important implications of the decisions and circumstances you are facing, including:
- Business ownership transitions
- Estate and tax planning
- Strategic business planning
- Divorce proceedings
- Dispute resolutions
- Economic Impact Analysis
We specialize in conducting business and intangible asset valuations, fraud investigations, and tracing and characterization of assets, as well as providing expert testimony to support our findings. We also perform calculations—“mini” versions of business valuations—for privately held companies nationwide.
Applying our extensive experience conducting valuation and litigation support services for businesses in wide-ranging industries in Texas and nationally, we provide solutions that are tailored to your specific needs.
Plan to Win
Circumstances that trigger valuations and litigation can be unexpected, emotionally charged, and time-sensitive. Our FVLS services can help you make rational, timely decisions and take a defensible position.
- Valuation – Get a reliable market value for your assets to ensure your expectations are reasonable and help you position yourself or your business for long-term financial success.
- Tracing and Characterization – Determine who owns what legally, and develop appropriate strategies to divide assets fairly.
- Fraud – Involve a forensic valuation specialist who can investigate quickly and thoroughly.
- Expert Testimony – Make sure the opposing party, judge or jury understands your case by engaging a knowledgeable, compelling expert witness.
Hands-On Valuation, Compelling Testimony
At MiddletonRaines+Zapata, we roll up our sleeves and dive into the details with you. Team leader Jaclyn Burket, ASA, CFE, is known for her responsive, hands-on approach.
An engaging speaker, Jaclyn regularly provides expert testimony that is ultra-clear and persuasive, effectively communicating complex valuation evidence and methodologies while successfully advocating for her clients.
Jaclyn’s credentials include:
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) with American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Member of Collaborative Law Institute
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Do you have questions about valuing assets in a transfer, sale, litigation, or fraud investigation? Contact us to find out how we can help you maximize the valuation of your assets and achieve the most positive outcome.